"TOBY-TAB's" have arrived

Hello List - With the blessing of the Moderator, I am pleased to
announce that the new "TOBY-TAB" trailing arm bolts have arrived at
Darryl Tinnerstets' facility (Specialty Automotive, McCleary,
Washington). Specific details regarding the ordering process will be
forthcoming ... we are working to determine how to best serve those
of you who have been patiently waiting for this. I am putting
together a brief technical handout to be included with each set,
which will include installation hints, and graphical results of the
tensile testing that was done to compare the OEM bolts to the new
TOBY-TAB's. The new bolts have exceeded all expectations for
strength and quality. The design goal was to create a bolt that would
exceed 220,000 PSI ultimate tensile strength, and retain excellent
elongation properties (think opposite of brittle). The TOBY-TAB's
tested out at 245,000 PSI, compared to the OEM bolt at 148,000 PSI
with poorer elongation. You CAN have your cake and eat it too. The
new bolts are also totally corrosion proof. The kit will include two
bolts, all metal self-locking nuts, and hardened washers for length
adjustment. Thank you all for your patience, and I will post
ordering details in the next day or two (again, with the Moderator's
blessing).

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1