Re: Chirping sound and more

When replacing brake pads you should use 80# grit pads mounted in a
drill and scuff the surfaces of the rotor. This is necessary to allow
the new pads to "break in" and also condition the surface of the
rotors. It exposes fresh cast iron to the pads. It also removes any
tendency to "threading" that is the tendency for the pads to move up
and down like a record player needle following a track. If this
doesn't help there are tubes of anti-squeal compound that can be
applied to the backs of the pads. Make sure that there is nothing
loose or caught up like a spring or clip that could be rubbing, and
that the E-brake pads aren't dragging. Where did you get the pads? The
only way to be sure you have the correct pads is if you got them from
a "D" vender. This is a case where just because they physicaly fit
doesn't mean they are correct. Different pads are compounded for
different cars and you cannot tell by looking at them. Sometimes pads
come with a plastic shim attached on the metal backing plate. The
point here is if you got them localy and they used a cross-over in
many cases it is just a matter that they fit but may not really be
correct.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:

> I still have the chirping sound when driving my car. I tried gently
applying the brake and found that the sound stopped, so I replaced all my
pads