Re: High Idle Questions

The short answer is that the shop doesn't know what the are
doing!!!!!! Get the car out of there and take it to someone who
doesn't want to "purge" your car (and in the process your wallet!).
The car is idling high because it is not set-up properly. Only someone
familiar with Bosch K-Jetronic and has a "D" Workshop Manual can do it
correctly. Try a Volvo dealer if you can't find anyone else and bring
a Manual with you. My guess is that you will need a complete cooling
system service and a complete tune-up to get the car right. The fuel
system is self-purging as far as air is concerned. In general spark
plugs don't arc (exept at the electode like they are supposed to), the
ignition wires can when bad causing a miss and a loud clicking.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Willie Mack" <wmack@xxxx> wrote:
> I took my D to a garage yesterday to find out where my all my anti
freeze is leaking from. While it was in the shop i asked them to diagnois why
she was idling so high. There answer today is, that my spark plugs are
arcing and my fuel injection needs to be purged? What does fuel injection
needs to be purged mean?