Re: Window tint issues

I've seen the exact same thing on DeLorean's too, and it does look
odd when all the glass but the rear has been tinted. The other thing
too (and I don't know if this happens on other peoples' cars) is the
glare from the light off the rear facia lip. That birght glare from
the back, when all other glass is dark can be pretty distracing for
your eyes to have to refocus I would imagine.

I've seen some cars where the top of the windshield is tinted to stop
sun glare. But rather than being a stripe, it's smoked to it fades to
clear. What if you were to do this on the rear glass? But instead of
being from the top down, you could go from the center out. The center
would be the same darkness as all other glass, but the ends would be
clear. To hide this, you could probably transition the tint from dark
to clear in the "blind spot" areas of the rear glass. It would be
less of a distraction to you, because all angles would appear to have
the same color. And when looking from behind thru the louvers, the
glass would appear tinted the same. And of course when you looked
thru the quarter panel glass, their tinting would hide the clear
outer portions of the glass looking into the passenger compartment.
And when you had the lourvers up, it would give a nicer appearance
for the rear glass.

I know that this was probably a post that should have gone directly
to Walt, but I'm also curious if anyone else here knows if it could
be done. If yes, I may then consider a window tint for my own car.
This is the very reason I never thought about one...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm going to have my windows re-tinted and would like some opinions
on the
> best way to handle the rear window & quarter panels. The previous
owner
> tinted the doors & the quarter panels, but didn't tint the rear
window. I
> would like to tint at least part of the rear window, but I don't
want to
> obstruct my view by looking through two tinted windows
<SNIP>