AZ Club Event w/ DMC Houston -- Report

On behalf of everyone in the Arizona DeLorean Club, I just wanted to
publicly thank DeLorean Motor Company of Houston, and specifically Stephen
Wynne, James Espey and Bill Morgan for spending their Saturday morning with
us this past weekend. About a dozen members of our group met up with DMC at
the annual Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction in Scottsdale, which is one
of, if not the largest car auction in the world. DMC was there as a vendor
with their Carcoon storage units, and to show off their product they used a
motorcycle and (of course) two refurbished DeLoreans, complete with PRV-Plus
engine upgrades, performance suspension kits, HID headlight kits, machined
wheels, and even one of their newest products?heated seats!

The morning began with breakfast and a Q&A session with Mr. Wynne at the
Monterra Restaurant located on the auction grounds. The club was also shown
some info cards which DMC had printed up featuring a beautiful shot of an ?
82 DeLorean on the front and a list of commonly asked questions and their
answers on the back. These are being printed up in bulk quantities as we
speak, so clubs can contact DMC for information on ordering them for shows
and such.

After the Q&A we went into the auction and went over the DeLorean that was
in the auction this year. It was a very clean, early ?81 with gray wheels
and a wide black side stripe and only 3,600 miles. Stephen estimated it
would go for about $18,000 or so, just because ?DeLoreans never do well in
auctions.? A bidding war broke out, however, and the car went for $27,000!
The whole club cheered, and we then returned to the DMC Carcoon display,
where they also had Sunstar and BTTF Sunstar models for sale in addition to
the Carcoons.

It was a great day for our club and we can?t thanks DMC Houston enough for
spending their time with us. I?ll try to upload a few pictures to the Files
section of Yahoo soon.

Ryan McCaffrey
VIN #10014
Arizona DeLorean Club