Re:Need used manual LH transmission bracket, please!

Re:Need used manual LH transmission bracket, please!

Shiraz,
I had a problem with my tranny bracket breaking too. After calling
Rob and talking to him about it it turns out that the rubber tranny
mounts were bad and causing a lot of extra stress on the metal
brackets. The rubber mounts may not look bad when you look at them
but if you push that metal tab that comes out from the rubber mount
from side to side and you see that the rubber is seperated from that
metal tab then that's what's causing your mount to break
everytime.....not the welders fault ;).

Steve

> : "shirazcupala" Subject: Need used manual LH transmission
bracket, please!

> This weekend while fixing a rear CV boot I found a nasty problem.
> My LH (driver's side) manual transmission bracket is in 3 pieces.
> It's been welded at least a half-dozen times and is now unusable.
[moderator snip]