Alignment Toe-In Question

The DMC manual states that toe in should be set to 3 degrees. How
specifically is this measured? I want to make sure I thoroughly
understand this before I take it to a less than Delorean familiar
shop to have it done.

Is this measurement taken from the centerline formed by both axles?
In which case the straight ahead wheel centerline would be at 87
degrees from the chassis axle centerline, instead of 90 degrees?

Is it 3 degrees per wheel, or 3 degrees total? In which case it would
be 1.5 degrees per wheel, or 88.5 degrees per wheel?

As usual any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Jim Witherspoon EFI Vin 6147