Re: White Smoke

Carefully watch the fluid levels. If you are adding any (like brake,
clutch, or COOLANT!) then you already know what's burning. My guess is
coolant as coolant leaks are very common on a 20 year old car! There
are several sources of leaks on top of tthe motor and you will never
see a drop on the ground as it evaporates from the heat of the motor
(that's why the smell). Pressure test to 15 psi for 15 min.
Anti-freeze has a "sweet" smell to it as opposed to oils which have a
"burnt" smell. Maybe you ran over a plastic bag and some of it is
still melting on the exhaust pipes and muffler. Don't laugh, it has
happened to me! Take a look under the car, maybe you have the remnants
of some critter that crawled into somewhere warm and expired.(I don't
really think so as they don't give off white smoke but I have seen
some strange things.)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

http://mobile.msn.com