Got my clock working

For those folks argueably lucky enough to have the factory digital
clock in their center console (you know the one, right next to your
dimmer knob) - I finally got mine to work.

I decided to remove this eternally black display and take it apart.
Wow, what a crummy design. What I found was the two "adjustment" pins
on the front are really just small pressure-sensitive buttons (like
you'd expect). The problem is they are backed by a single piece of
stiff foil that when pressed, makes contact with the PCB. This foil
can easily be fatigued causing it not to "bounce back".

As a result, the foil just shorts to the board and blanks the display.

I fixed mine by removing the "foil" and replacing it with a piece of
tin (made from an old soda can - cut to size). By the time you're
done cutting this tiny piece, you may have wished you used a beer
can - and drank the beer before you started!

Tack solder it back to the PCB and VIOLA! A nice bright green -
terrifically 80's dated, display. You'll love it.

If anybody wants a little more detail, just email me directly...I'll
help you as best I can.

Eric
Dunedin, FL
VIN #5557