Re: [DML] Re: Front Suspension Mod's

>From Toby,
> Are the photo's or other information regarding this lower control arm
> failure available?
and from Mike,
> For some reason someone had welded a small piece of flatstrap
> around the area of the balljoint on one side. I don't know why but it
scares
> me. And that small lip that is on the bottom where the balljoint fits
through is
> totally gone.

I assume that the photo of the broken lower control arm has never been
digitized. I know that the people most familiar with it are members of the
SEDOC and all live near Atlanta, Georgia. Tom Long is listed in the
DeLorean Owner's Directory available through DMCNews. Byrne Henninger is a
DeLorean vendor but does not use the internet. E-mail me privately for his
address. DMC Joe of DeLorean Services also lives in the area and might know
more.

Mike, I am suspicious that your lower control arm was modified due to a
problem similar to what Tom Long had on his. The fracture happened on the
end that holds the bottom ball joint. Welding additional metal to reinforce
this area is probably a good idea. But the problem you are describing with
yours is a bit more bizarre. There is no telling what a previous owner
might have had done.

Walt Tampa, FL