Re: [DML] Re: torsion bar removal

I have performed this procedure as well, and can confirm that it works exactly as David and Mark have described it. With patience and a small hammer you will eventually force the bar out of the bracket. It isn't *too* scary.

But, as I hammered away, I wondered what would actually have happened if I had let the other end of the bar slip out of its socket. With the door fully open there is "only" about 3 splines worth of pretensioning on the bar, and that can be somewhat reduced by allowing the bracket to rotate part way down to the window glass. Moreover, by the time the bar made it out of the socket, the bracket would be fairly far away from the glass. I could imagine the whole thing being pretty much a non-event. Of course, I could imagine other things, too...

Please note: I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS. Just wondering.