Re: Front Suspension Mod's

David - You are absolutely correct in your observations. This is why
I changed the sway bar bushings to urethane - both at the crumple tube
attachments, and where the sway bar attaches to the lower control arm.
The high loads transmitted through the sway bar cause the lower
control arms and the sway bar itself to move around quite a bit during
hard cornering and heavy braking - especially with the relatively soft
rubber stock bushings. The flexing of the lower control arm becomes
the next issue in line after the sway bar attachment is attended to.
As an aside, the rear bushings at the sway bar/control arm attachment
should be examined at our earliest convenience. Mine were in very bad
shape, with the rubber "doughnut" peeled away from the steel sleeve,
and cracked in several places. My car has about 75K miles. This
condition caused erratic directional control during braking, and a
gradual toe-out condition that made the steering very sensitive, and
increased tire wear. The inspection is fairly simple, and replacement
stock bushings are cheap (if you want to replace with stock).

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1