From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Car wont start (continued).
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 06:23:59 -0000

You must try to narrow down to the system that is malfunctioning. At
this point it could be either fuel or ignition. The easiest place to
start is to pull a spark plug wire and see if you are getting spark.
Just switching or changing parts won't usually do it unless you are
lucky but you still won't really know what you are doing. When you are
trying to start do you smell gasoline? Is the fuel tank empty or very
low? You should hear the fuel pump running at least a little. Check
and cycle the inertia switch. Measure the voltage at the fuel pump.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:

> The engine wont turn over. I measured the voltage across the battery
while
> trying to start the car. the voltage drops from 12.5v to 10v, this
should be
> adequate to turn the starter. I also swapped relays since a bunch of
them
> are the same, and that didnt help either. I dont think its the
starter, but
> I'm new with cars. The car gives the shake, and the standard
chugachuga
> noise that is usually quickly followed by the engine starting up.
THe loud

moderator@xxxx