Re: Releasing Luggage Compartment Lid

If you are lucky the cable broke right at the bonnet release lever
under the dash. In this case a vise-grip on what's left will open the
bonnet. If you are unlucky then there are two possibilties. If you
have a fuel flap you can stick a wire in and try to catch the latch
that way. If you don't have a fuel flap then you better hope the trunk
is empty because you have to pop the large rubber grommet by the brake
master cylinder, push aside the carpet and start fishing with a wire
for the latch. Of course you will have to raise the car onto
jackstands to do it this way. Take your time and be very patient as it
is very frustrating to do as you generaly do not succeed on your first
several attempts. I do not feel I am giving any great secrets away
about breaking into a Delorean as it is not easy or quick to do this.
After getting the bonnet open and fixing the wire install the back-up
cable so when it happens again at least you can open it easily. Same
goes for the engine cover as far as a back-up cable although it
doesn't seem to break as often.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Aaron PETERSON" <mrroboto1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there anyone that knows how to open the lid for luggage
compartment, if the cable comes disconnected while closed? I asked the
DOA and they gave me instructions to go in through the brake fluid
reservoir, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to pop the
lid.