Re: shifting into reverse WAS: Revsese

In a message dated 12/30/01 7:21:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, gmfm1@xxxx
writes:

> On all of the 5 speed manuals that I have seen, when you shift
> into reverse, you have to lift the shifter up and pull it the last

I had a heck of a time shifting into reverse until I realized I needed to 1)
move the shifter left as far as it would go, 2) THEN lift, 3) move the last
bit to the left then pull back into position. Lifting it while starting from
the neutral position just doesn't seem to cut it. I think Gary is saying the
same thing. One driver told me, (before I figured this out,) that he used
both hands to lift it while shifting. Not necessary if you go left as far as
you can before lifting! :)

Wayne
11174