Re: [DML] DI water in cooling system???

IMHO I do not think it is OK to use DI water in the cooling system.
It has been my experience that DI water tends to be aggressive in
that it wants to replace the ions.

It's been too long for me to remember all the chemistry behind it but
let me just give you this fact.
We use to make coffee with DI water and the DI water ate the metal
heating element at an accelerated rate.
Went to tap water and problem went away.

The best thing to use is distilled water, second best is the water
that you get from a dehumidifier or what drips from an air
conditioner (don't collect it with a metal bucked use plastic).

Regards,

Mike D.
Vin 3113
NY Lic DLORIANN