Re: Revsese WAS: Why the DeLorean?

Dear Paul,
On all of the 5 speed manuals that I have seen, when you shift
into reverse, you have to lift the shifter up and pull it the last
amount to the left and down to get into reverse. This is a saftey, so
that you don't go into reverse accidently. If the pin on the shifter
was removed or if the plate that the pin rides on was altered one
could go into reverse without lifting the shifter. If you are happy
with it you can leave it or you can find out why it isn't set up this
way.
Happy Holidays,
Gary Masie