Re: [DML] Door Lock Module - some technical musings...

Re: [DML] Door Lock Module - some technical musings...

Martin, I spent a little time with the door lock module, but all I have had
trouble with was the door lock when used inside the car. I had determined it
was the linkage and all the mechanical things going on. I have never had
trouble when locking from the outside. Your correct about the arching, most
people don't know there are relay's inside the module that should be replaced
due to the arching. If you will look on my web site, I have original relays
and replacement just like you may have. Bosch told me they were the same
40amp but rated different in certain applications. As far as the circuit
breaker, If you will put a 10 or 15 amp breaker in, then if it hangs up, you
won't burn up something waiting on the breaker to trip. I run 10 amp in mine
with no trouble and when I simulated the problem, it tripped quick. No
burning up the module or wires.I never had the time yet to make the mod's in
the archive but they looked good. I would like to know how it turnes out.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/talk-view.shtml