radio upgrade

I'm thinking of replacing the Craig. For radio upgrades all I really need to
do is pick up a new DIN bracket from Houston and wiring harness, right? The
harness I could probably make since "Mr Buffalochips" is out of them at the present.
Any other gotchas? speakers would come later, more than likely.
Any cheaper brackets? or old ones for sale that I can cut? (wanting to save
my original one just in case)