Original tires!

The original Good-Year Eagle NCT 60s are coming into question due to
more and more very low mileage cars being brought out and sold that
still have original tires. I got one with a tad over 8000 miles on it
with original tires that look like new. Now, what do you do with a 20
year old tire, do you trust it? I first contacted two owners who ran
their original tires 30,000 miles or better and changed within the last
18 months, but only because the tread was wearing down, they had had no
problems with any of the tires. I next sought the advice of Rob Grady
who very strongly feels that if the sidewalls are perfect there's no
reason not to use the tires. I've now put a tad over 1000 miles on the
tires and they still look perfect, very little tread wear and still
great sidewalls. I drive the car regularly, if any tire fault occurs,
I'll immediately post.