[DML] Re: Torsion Bars

We have a member in the PNDC who has two struts on each door ... a
smaller one at the front, and the normal one at the rear. The
modification is relatively easy. I will try to get some information
on how it was done. I saw the installation, and it is quite slick.
This could take some of the strain off of the bars. I know that the
couple had to exert more effort to get the doors closed than a normal
car. Reducing the stress on the bars would probably allow this
configuration to work just like a stock door in terms of ease of door
movement.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade@xxxx> wrote:

> Maybe use a spring and then add stronger struts to make up for the
limited lift supplied by the spring (assuming a spring does not exist
that could completely replace the bar)?