[DML] Re: Were the 17000 series originally the 12000 series?

You, or the assemblers probably mistookthe 7 for a 2. Understand? Your vin has a 7 where the other number has a 2. It could have been written badly, or just a mistake. People are human don't forget. :o) ---Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: Mr. Copies <mrcopies@xxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, July 31, 1999 3:49 PM
Subject: [DML] Were the 17000 series originally the 12000 series?

Here's a question....

I recently pulled my headliners to get redone and discovered the all the markings on the door behind my headliners make reference to VIN#12089 ....my VIN# is 17089.  Were the 12000 series renumbered for the Canadian market?

It also looks like someone in the factory had some time on their hands because there are doodles and dates on the inside with magic marker. :)

Thanks

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderato-@xxxx