Re: [DML] Torsion Bars

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Brent Beecher wrote:

> If they were patented, however, then the patent on file with the PTO
> teaches the invention.

Reading up, the patent on the torsion bar and on the door designs are
(respectively):

Patent #4,092,180 (Manufacture of Torsion Bars) [1978/05/30]
Patent #4,378,658 (Mounting for a vehicle door) [1983/04/05]

Cheers.

Noah
VIN #2867

"Just as others may choose clay or stone or paint, I and my compatriots have
chosen stupidity as our medium. But stupid must be worked and mastered like any
other material; during this experimental stage, the viewer of the work may feel
he or she is observing 'perceptiveness' or 'art.' This is simply an illusion."

- Ben Edlund, creator of "The Tick"