Re: [DML] Red DeLorean with a pedigree

If he doesn't have title records to back the story up, then there isn't much
to go on. Like him, I have a red D, and I was told a "sweet" story to go with
my car. I was a bit more naive with Deloreans, and I believed that my car had
been factory painted as some sort of market study. I do not believe this
anymore. However, I do know that my gray interior 82 was painted at the
dealership in Texas, and I have the titles from new to prove it. That's the
only way that you can be sure that it wasn't painted on down the line. The
fact that the door jams weren't painted on his car, meaning the stainless
part, makes me suspicious. My dealer job covers everything. The car could be
easily disassembled, especially by a dealer, to paint the panels
individually. This would be necessary to get the best coverage and a factory
look. I would be a bit suspicious of such a claim, but then again, who knows?
Where is the proof?

John Weaver
ETDOC
RED DMC #10527