Re: [DML] Sunstar model questions & remarks

--- Walt wrote:
> What is the deal with the little dark dots in the front
> and rear lights? It looks like the manufacture intended
> these to be windows for battery operated lights.
> But I don't see any battery compartment.

Walt, you've somewhat disappointed me here!
I thought you'd catch this one yourself:
Those dots are the way the "lenses" are secured to the model;
there's a hole in the die-cast body, then the lens is put on
with a small "pin" going through the hole and then the pin is
melted down to secure the lens. I haven't recieved my models yet,
but I can't say that it bothers me; most "real" headlights also
have a darker center caused by the bulb in the center, sometimes
covered with a special cap to direct the emitted light from the
bulb onto the mirror instead of straight out...

Greetings,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000