DeLorean vs. 2001 NSX

Before I bought my DeLorean I was seriously looking at buying an
Acura NSX. I know that they are VASTLY different cars, but there are
some interesting similarities. Being bored on a sunday, I put
together this spreadsheet. The DeLorean specs should prove quite
useful to have in one location. If anyone can fill any of the blanks
in or add any information, e-mail me what you can and I'll put it all
together and make it available for everyone.

Open the following up as comma delimited in Excel:

,2001 Acura NSX,1982 DeLorean DMC-12
BRAKES,,
Type,Pwr,Pwr
ABS System,4-Wheel,n/a
Disc,Yes,Yes
Rear disc brake (Yes/No),Yes,Yes
Rotor Diam x Thickness (in),11.7 x 1.10,
Rear disc brake rotor diameter x thickness (in),11.9 x 0.91,
"Capacity, Approx (gal)",18.5,13.2
CARGO AREA DIMENSION,,
Trunk Volume (cu ft),5,13
COOLING SYSTEM,,
Total System Capacity (qts),17.4,11.62 (2.9 gal)
ELECTRICAL,,
Cold Cranking Amps @ 0ø F,- TBD -,
Maximum Capacity (amps),120,
ENGINE,,
Type,Gas V6,Gas V6
Displacement,3.0L/181,2.849L/174
Fuel System,PGM-FI,Bosch K-Jetronic CIS
Bore & Stroke,,91x73 mm
Compression,,8.8:1
SAE Net Horsepower,252 @ 6600,130 @ 5500
SAE Net Torque (lb ft),210 @ 5300,153 @ 2750
Max Speed,,130 (some claim >140mph)
Spark Plugs,,Bosch HR6DS (Platinum tipped)
Spark Plug Gap,,.6-.7 mm (.024-.028in)
Spark Plug Torque,,17.20Nm (13-15 ft lbs)
Oil Capacity,,6.8 qts
EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS,,
Wheelbase (in),99.6,95
"Length, Overall (in)",174.2,166
"Width, Max w/o mirrors (in)",71.3,73.1
"Width, Max w/o mirrors (in) <with doors opening>",,84.1
"Height, Overall (in)",46.1,44.88
"Height, Overall (in) <door open>",,77.2
"Tread Width (in), Front",59.4,62.6
"Tread Width (in), Rear",60.2,62.5
Min Ground Clearance (in),4.6,5.6
Min Ground Clearance (in) rear,,6.1
Liftover Height (in),- TBD -,
Drag Coefficient (cd),0.32,0.33
INTERIOR DIMENSION,,
Head Room (in),36.3,
Leg Room (in),44.3,
Shoulder Room (in),52.5,
Hip Room (in),53.8,
MILEAGE,,
EPA Fuel Economy Est (MPG),18 (Est),18 ???
Hwy EPA Fuel Economy Estimate (MPG),24 (Est),
SUSPENSION,,
Front suspension type line 1,Double-Wishbone,Unequal length wishbones
Rear suspension type line 1,Double-Wishbone,Trailing radius arms
w/uper and lower links
Front suspension type line 2,w/Coil Springs,w/coil springs and anti-
roll bar
Rear suspension type line 2,w/Coil Springs,w/coil springs
Shock Absorber Diameter (mm),- TBD -,
Rear shock absorber diameter (mm),- TBD -,
Stabilizer Bar Diameter (in),0.72,
Rear stabilizer bar diameter (in),0.69,
Front Toe,,3mm (.12 in) per wheel
Front Caster,,3.5 to 4 deg
Front Camber,,-1.4 to 0 deg (non adj)
King Pin Inclination,,8 + (0 to .5 deg) deg (non adj)
Rear Toe,,3mm (.12 in) per wheel
Rear Camber,,-.75 to -.25 deg (non-adj)
TIRES,,
Front Size,P215/45ZR16,
Front Pressure,,23 - 29
Rear tire size,P245/40ZR17,
Spare tire size,- TBD -,
Size (in),"16"" x 7""",
Spare pressure (lbs),,60
Spare wheel size (in),- TBD -,
Rear wheel size (in),"17"" x 8.5""",
Rear Pressure,,30 - 34
Ramp angle front (deg),,22
Ramp angle rear (deg),,27
Approach Angle (deg),,14
TRAILERING,,
Dead Weight Hitch (lb),N/A,
Dead Weight Hitch-Max. Tongue Load,N/A,
Wt Distributing Hitch (lb),N/A,38%/62% (f/r)
Wt. Distributing Hitch-Max. Tongue Load,N/A,
TRANSMISSION,,
Type,4,
Transmission Type Description Line 1,"Automatic w/OD,",
Transmission Type Description Line 2,Electronic,
"Gear Ratio (:1), First",2.611,3.364 (man) / 2.4 (auto)
Second,1.552,2.059 / 1.48
Third,1.026,1.381 / 1.00
Fourth,0.684,1.057
Reverse,1.909,3.1818 / 1.92
Clutch Size (in),-TBD-,
Final Drive Axle Ratio (:1),4.428,3.44
Manual Transmission Capacity,,3.7 litres
WEIGHT INFORMATION,,
Base Curb Weight (lb),3110,2712
Weight/HP (lbs/hp),12.34,20.86
WHEELS,,