DeLorean for Sale

Hi list,
Well, after moving across country I have decided that it's no longer
feasible to have a pair of DeLoreans out here in Arizona. I'd like to find
a good home for one and that's why I am sending the email to this list. I
want to stay away from ebay because the car is not in my possession. Right
now it is in good hands with Rob Grady in New York. I am not able to show
it and go for rides with prospective buyers and its also unfair to ask Rob
for the same.

Here's what I can tell you:
It's a 1982 built in November of 1981. It is white but the paint is shot.
As far as I can tell the grain is in tact, probably why the paint didn't
hold up. I am the third owner and it was a Florida car. It has just over
17,000 miles on it and I think I have all the receipts for it from the
previous owners. The engine and transmission are good. The frame appears
good and only has a bit of surface rust. It needs a RHS exhaust manifold
gasket, RHS interior windshield A-pillar (I have it), small black body work
(left front cracked/ripped under the hood), radio (antenna works), fuse box
(Rob has the spare I gave him).

Here's the good news:
The interior is nice and some of it was redone about 4 years ago. The dash
is sunburned from FL but the Binnacle appears to be good. Rob has cleaned
the fuel tank, pump, done new boots and tankzilla. He's currently working
on the checklist for it. I was going to have it restored but for someone
who likes to do some of their own work you could have Rob do the major stuff
since it is there and do the rest yourself. Thanks to DanRC30 it has a new
HCR angle drive and bracket, otterstat, coolant hose and self-bleeder kit,
defroster switch, mode switch, and misc other goodies. It has polished late
silver wheels with almost new Yokohama AVS's on it. It runs strong and
shifts well. Both Dan and Rob have driven it along with myself. They would
be happy to talk with you about it, but I think you'd have better luck with
Dan as Rob is so busy....:)

Here is my current plan: If I cannot find anyone who wants to give her a
good home I am going to have Rob do a full restoration and ship it out here.
I'll have a custom paint job done since I can't see stripping it. Our
winters are when we get out and drive, and our summers are too hot to be in
the garage....:)

So here's my offer--I have over $12,000 into this car and it is definitely
going to be at least a $20,000 rule car since I am going to have the work
done by Rob and just drive away with a finished product. I am asking
$12,000 for the car and all the parts that go with it. Since it is in line
to be done at Rob's you can take my spot and have him do anything you want
or you can have him ship it to you. You can even drive it away from there
if you wish right now. Any takers?

Email me privately at mpolans@xxxx with any questions. I have one or
two pictures of it if you would like to see a white DeLorean. It needs a
good home. Anyone up for the challenge?

Matthew
VIN #10365