Re: [DML] Re: TA Bolt questions

Joe, With due respect you most of the time disagree with me. So what's new.
The testing you do or the factory did was for a short time. I'm talking about
fatigue over time and weather conditions. Constant pulling, stretching, and
jerking, not just popping the clutch a few times and I pronounce you good,
lets talk about it over years and maybe one, or two clutches later. Come on,
You can go have a heart check up tomorrow and every doctor says your OK, then
drop dead tomorrow. Everybody knows someone this has happened to. I agree,
with you and relinquish to your time of working on the De Lorean that the
trailing arm bolt it probably a mute point, But, I think to the folks up
north who have to worry about salt spray and rusting it's more of a
pronounced problem. I hope Toby can come up with a reasonable priced bolt to
help ease the mind of some. But I to have worked on cars all my life also and
do know a little. The Delorean is a car not a God and a bolt is a bolt. You
can't test something for a short period of time and pronounce it good. Why do
you think the military went to a salt spray test and most mechanical parts
failed in the late 70's and eighty's, they found the conventional testing
wasn't sufficient? Race car drivers spend $1000.00's and still have a bolt
failure. Thanks for your comments, I always enjoy the exchange. By the way,
have you shipped my parts yet.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/hightemp.shtml