[DML] Re: TA Bolt questions

Well, if you want a safety device for the trailing arms, that
shouldn't be a problem. You could mount a bracket onto the
trailing arm, and a second onto the chassis. Then connect them
both with some high tensile chain. The chain could be coated in
either rubber, or plastic to keep it stiff, and from rattling when
driving. Steel cable could also be a possibility, but would be a
pain to strap into place.

I'll be honest though. This seems to be overkill if you're going to
install the improved bolts. But it is an idea if you want to go all
the way in fool-proofing the bolt.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, tobyp@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>
> The second point I wanted to clarify is in regards to the
subjects of "fail safety and structural redundancy". A "fail-safe joint"