Bah, heck, darn it. Angle drive issues.

So, I've got a nice swanky new angle drive all ready for installation. And
I go to remove the angle drive that's on the car and...

..it turns. Suspiciously easily.

Sure enough, it's not turning. Well. It *is*. It's also turning whatever
it is it screws onto, loosening the nut on the other end in the process.
This, needless to say, is hardly the desired effect. The only things that
leap to mind to fix this are:

* disassemble the brake assembly, remove the whole shebang, slap it in a
pair of vice grips and go to town

* immobilize the bolt (axle? "threaded metal thingy"? I feel so technical
all of a sudden.) somehow, and go to work on the angle drive.

Suggestions as to which would be easier? Suggestions for things I haven't
thought of? Suggestions for ways to accomplish either of the above?

Noah "So close, dammit" Robin