More Sunstar Model Woes...How to fix your Woes

More Sunstar Model Woes...How to fix your Woes

Jeff,
Like you my passenger door too also,did not stay up on my 1/18
model,so what I did was to disassemble my Delorean Model,there are
eight screws on the bottom side of the model,BE cautious,when
removing the screws,that go under the"gas tank"cover plate,as those
hold on the front wheels and steering setup(ask me how I know--
Surprise)(it is a very simple setup,(the steering setup)so when you
pull it off,it will go on quite easy,anyway once all the screws are
removed,just carefully pry the steering wheel area,where the signal
stalk is,loose from the bottom of the dash(you have to do this before
you remove the under carriage,otherwise you can damage the steering)
then remove the undercarriage,on the inside of the T-panel area,you
will see three screws,loosen those screws to adjust/make the door
tighter,and at the same time you can,adjust the bonnet(two screws)and
adjust the engine cover,and also paint the "steering wheel"black as
it should be,also you can paint the interior black at that time since
it is "out of the car" assembly is the reverse of the above,after I
did the above adjustments,my doors NOW stay open as they
should.CAUTION:the above repairs are ONLY for the Delorean Sunstar
1/18 Diecast model,and not for any other Delorean model,and certainly
not for a REAL delorean.

Claude
000570
Windsor Ct.