Re: [DML] Fuel Glitch

>When I get down to about a quarter tank of gas, my car lurches quite
>suddenly and quite hard - usually while in first or second gear.

It sounds like you have a hole in your fuel suction hose. As long as the
fuel level stays above the hole, then the car runs fine. But on sudden
acceleration then the fuel sloshes away and the pump sucks air. If this is
your problem, then you might hear noises from the fuel pump as it runs dry.

If the fuel tank has never been opened before, now would be a good time to
clean it out and replace a few parts if they look deteriorated:
fuel suction hose
fuel suction screen
fuel baffle (parts are missing on some cars)
fuel pump boot & cover
fuel lines at the tank

And while you are in there, consider replacing the metal fuel pump bracket &
metal return hose if they look rusted. Also look at the fuel filler
opening. The originals can rust badly.

Walt Tampa, FL