steering column removal....

Hey guys,

can someone tell me a good way to 'slide the middle steering column link into
the lower universal joint'. it looks so simple but it's hard to get a good
grip on it. maybe if someone has a good trick to this it would be much
easier? i have the pinch bolts removed and it will soon be soaking in liquid
wrench. i know someone on here (was it you, Robert?) had this same problem
but i can't find it in the archives. i know whomever it was finally was able
to get it.

also, i know it is important to keep the steering column pointed straight
ahead when re-installing it. what can i do to make this easier? where are
the critical points on the column pieces that must be aligned the same way
they came off? i would like to mark them with a razor blade or marker so i
have them back in correctly.

any tips are greatly appreciated!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx