Re: [DML] Re: Trailing Arm Bolts - Engineering

Re: [DML] Re: Trailing Arm Bolts - Engineering

Toby!

If you ask me, there is no need to apologize. I was very pleased by the
scientific way you approached and solved this problem. You did not rely on
hearsay or opinions, but worked out a solution based on hard facts. Your
solution is one which I can rely on.
I read your founded explanations with great interest. To me this was the
best contribution to this list since long! As soon as these bolts will be
available, I will take a pair, that is for sure.

It is an important part of the car, so one must be very careful not to
impair the security of the car. I don't want to bash anyone, but simply
replacing this bolt with a standard stainless steel (grade 316) bolt without
having a look at the (inferior) material properties is thougtless. Toby did
the right thing: He gathered all available facts and worked out a solution
you can rely on.

bye,

Ralf.