need engineering info to make sway bar

Due to the prodding of another list member (Skipper Landry), we are going to
make some new sway bars happen one way or another if it is humanly possible.
I've done it with the convex side mirror project, and now it is going to
happen to the front suspension. Long ago list member Fred Lockett had a
suspension company make a batch of add-on rear sway bars for the DeLorean.
We are in the process of having this same company make another batch of
these rear bars. Additionally, come hell or high water, we are going to
have new heavy-duty front sway bars made as well. Fred tried to have these
made before, but couldn't get the manufacture to cooperate. The way the bar
was made with threaded ends makes it very hard to accurately reproduce, but
we brainstormed and found a technique to resolve this.

What I need from the rest of you is some of the original engineering
drawings of how Lotus intended the front suspension to work. I know the
information is out there and is probably being hoarded by some collector.
Well, if this information is going to do anyone any good, it needs to be
made public. If there is any legitimate use for it, the new geometry front
sway bar project is it. Otherwise keep those papers in your closet until
the end of the world. I hope you won't let pride of exclusive ownership get
in the way of helping everyone else. Who has these documents, and why
haven't they been made public? I heard that someone had a copy for sale
years ago for a few thousand dollars. Well, I'm not made of that kind of
money. Unless you want some very expensive wall paper, your money is
wasted.

Specifically, I need to know the original intended dimensions of the front
sway bar and how it connects to the crumple tubes and lower control arms. I
can figure this out by measuring the parts of various cars, but it would be
real nice to see the original design drawings to use as a reference.

If anyone else is interested in this project, let me know. I'm not keeping
any secrets.

Walt Tampa, FL