Re: [DML] What other cars used the PRV-V6

Re: [DML] What other cars used the PRV-V6

The book report would be quite dry... :) Actually, I have a couple
Delorean engines in the garage, along with a couple other PRV
engines...one was out of a Zimmer (?) motorhome, complete with
transmission, the others may have been Volvos? Not sure.

Anyhow, I'm all about recycling parts when I can - I never throw
anything out, since I've been in that position where I'm hunting
around the world for some original horn cap for a '50s Alfa Romeo
Spyder or somethign crazy and can't find it because it's some part
that everyone ditched when they upgraded their cars...or looking for
a 12mm wrench that was part of the original toolkit which probably
got left on the side of some road..:)

I'd like to figure out what parts of the three oddball engines are
actually usable for Delorean purposes, as I'll feel less guilt
getting rid of parts that only apply to some Volvo sedan or motorhome
that probably won't be getting restored...and hopefully I can sell
these extra parts to pay for all these parts I'm buying from the
Delorean shops lately :) The list gets longer as the ideas keep
growing...I'm sure many out there know that feeling...

Any info/experiences would be appreciated...

Pete

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> The block itself is the same on most if not all of the engines
listed.
> The engine "cradle" is unique on the DeLorean (it may be the same
on the
> Alpine, but I don't know for sure) which is where the engine mounts
bolt
> in.

[SNIP]

> I think it would be better if you explain what you are trying to do.
> That may be a better way for the rest of the group to help you.
>
> Are you looking for more performance? Replace a blown motor?
Doing a