Brake Lights

Alright guys heres the story.
I checked fuse 4, and it had no volts. I then checked under the dash and
the green wire does have 12 volts. As i was looking at the brake box and
pumping the brake peddle i noticed that the second brake lever does not come
in contact with the brass fitting on the brake box. now there is a small
plastic piece that goes up inside the brass fitting, but no metal is making
contact; unless there is some metal at the edge of the plastic piece that i
can't see.
Any ideas, suggestions? Or have i thoroughly confused you.

Thanks
Willie
Vin 5043