Ceramic dip VS plasma spray

I am looking in to having my exhaust parts ceramic coated, and have
found 2 different methods that are not at all similar. Maybe someone on
the DML can advise.

The more common method is to dip the part in to a tank. I am told the
advantage of this is that both the inside and outside of the part are
coated, keeping the outside of the pipe even cooler and the exhaust
gasses inside hotter (to escape faster). BUT, advocates of the plasma
spray argue that the dip is not as durable as the spray. This is a
problem for me, because I would not want a chunk of this ceramic stuff
to find it's way in to my turbocharger.

The plasma spray is said to be more durable, and allows for better
thermal expansion (because of some hokey stuff in the process that I
don't understand). The spray however does not allow for internal
coating, and they claim it is unnecessary. The plasma process looks to
be a bit more expensive (why, I have no idea!).

Any experts out there on this subject?