[DML] Re: epoxy damage from brake fluid

Have you every really tried this? I tried to sandblast mine and it
would barely dent the sound epoxy. It would of course remove the
loose stuff, but so will a paint scraper. The sand just bounced off
the epoxy that was solid. It would eventually (measured in minutes
per square centimeter) work its way thru, but I could not imagine
stripping a whole frame this way. The only way (and I tried a LOT) to
get otherwise sound epoxy off the frame fast was a propane torch. And
of course this has other issues and is not necessarily recommended.

This is only necessary if you are doing a complete restoration, there
is no reason to remove good epoxy otherwise. Just scrape back to the
good parts and repaint with POR15.

Dave