Re: Insurance for Ds at AIG - no more..

After reading some postings on insurance, wanted to drop a quick note
about my recent hassles...

Two weeks ago I called for a quote on adding what would turn out to
be my future Delorean to my AIG policy. Got a quote, pricing, no
problem. Move forward a week, I was organizing to pick up the car
and called AIG to add the car to the policy, and they gave me the
runaround. First there was some talk about "If we insure Deloreans
at all" then it was "I'm not sure if we cover Deloreans in Michigan",
then after 20 minutes of going back and forth, they give me the
excuse "We cannot add you to the policy because you could take the
car to a car show and we don't want to get involved if something
happened to other exotic cars at such events". This was definitely
strange...

It gets better.. (kind of) So, I ranted and raved to no avail...then
hung up, called right back, and spoke to someone who asked a new set
of questions, and they added the Delorean to the policy without a
hassle.

Three days later, I receive a call from AIG saying that they added
the car in error because there was a chance I "might take the car to
car shows" and that they would honor the existing policy for the 6
months, but I would have to search for insurance after that time.

So! It's over to Hagerty or something in April...
Pete