State Farm Insurance answer

First of all I want to thank all of you that responded to my query on State Farm insuance after they decided to drop my car.

Brief summary. I am over 40, married, clean driving record, no kids, homeowner. Insured my house and 5 cars including the D with State Farm a couple of months ago after relocating to Florida from Illinois. After insuring the car for a month I got a notice saying they had made a mistake and it is on "their list" of uninsurable cars.
I gave my agent several of the responses from you and a copy of the DNC and PJ Grady web site. He contacted their home office with the information to no avail.

The OFFICIAL POLICY from the home office is that they willl no longer take any new owners. I tried GEICO today with the similar response. No collision coverage.

If there is any threat to the popuality and appreciation of our cars this is it.
The movers and shakers of the clubs and the major supply repair houses need to nip this in the bud. Somehow there has been a recent decision by an uninformed individual/group that our cars are too much of a risk.

At one time I know that the DOA offerd insuance. As a member I would like to see them relook at this as a service to the membership ( which I am one).
The least that they can do is to contact the insurers underwriters who set the protocols and discuss our cars and the avilability of parts and their very safe record and try to get us off the black list.

I do not want to start a discussion on who has what insuance again, however I think everyone can anticipate an impact eventually from this decision as it was from what I understand is an underwriters handbook that is used by most companies.

PS - I will be cancelling all my policies with State Farm as soon as I can!!!!!

Cecil Longwisch