new geometry front sway bar

Having an off list discussion about solving the sway problem has made me do
some more thinking about making a better design. I am not really waiting on
DMC Houston to come out with their new design. If they ever do then great!
Otherwise, I enjoy solving puzzles. For recreation I can sit and play with
a Rubik's cube, or I can solve engineering challenges on my car. I choose
the later.

That said, I would like some opinions from list members about what they
think of the shape of the original sway bar. I was just looking at one this
morning wondering why the bar curves down on both sides in front of the
lower control arms. I see no reason for this other than perhaps it was a
MISTAKE! If this curve where on a horizontal plane instead of vertical, it
would make since to have it there. It could keep the bar out of the way of
the wheels on sharp turns. But with the curve aiming down, it serves
absolutely no purpose that I can see.

If anyone has an opinion about this, please let me know.

Walt Tampa, FL

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Rather than responding with opinion as Walt
solicits, I think it is probably more interesting to respond
with some data/facts/information. Please forward opinion/speculation