T-panel fix - but how to bend the tabs back??

T-panel fix - but how to bend the tabs back??

Hey guys,

i got my T-panel/passenger door rubbing it fixed. in case anyone is
wondering:

the reason the doors hit the T-panel is probably not due to the horizontal
alignment of the panel. rather, it is a consequence of the T-panel being too
LOW!

i talked to DMCJoe the other day and he told me that from the factory, there
were a couple of foam strips that helped support the T-panel on the door
hinge box, which runs the length of the doors and the hinges are bolted to
it. anyway, over time these foam strips deteriorate, leaving the T-panel
lower than it is supposed to be. the doors now hit the panel about 2/3 of
the way up. sure enough, my foam was gone. Joe told me go to Home Depot and
get some of the insulation you get for doors - it's about 3/4" thick, 1/2"
wide, with a self-adhesive side to it. i just ran two long strips the length
of the T-panel, then a couple more perpendicular to them in the middle. i
then mounted the T-panel and checked the doors - perfect!! the only hitch
was that the foam was a little bit too thick for the panel, it actually
pushed it up TOO high. fortunately i'm a small guy and i took my shoes off
and carefully slid onto the roof of the car and used my body weight to press
the T-panel downward and compress the foam. after a couple minutes of this,
it was the right height.

best of all, it didn't even cost me more than $1.50 to fix it!!

i just have one question - what is the best way to bend the 4 tabs back down
on the T-Panel? i used a flathead screwdriver to open them, but now i have
to close them, but i dont want to break or scratch anything... anyone got a
good way to do it?

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596