Wiper Questions

ok, first question. I did somthing fairly stupid the other day. I
had the trim off of my steering collumn to reinforce the turn signal
switch and remove some freeplay in it. Well, while I was doing that I
decided to take off the wiper control arm to see how it worked (dont
even ask why). Well, it came apart on its own a little faster than I
could note how it went back together. I got it pretty much back
together no problem, with one exception. There is a torsion spring
that sits inside of there which I am assuming is used for the
momentary/delay activation (judging by the way its switched inside).
However, I cannot figure out how it goes on. Every time I think I got
it, it interferes with the arm operation. I've reassembled my defrost
switch, so I'm not incompetent. I just need to be pointed in the
right direction.

now, other question. I am rather dissapointed by the speed of my
wiper arms. The high speed setting seems to be about the same speed
as the low setting on my Talon. Are the speed resistors inside of the
wiper motor? Can they be changed? Could a different (faster) wiper
motor be mated with the DeLorean's assembly? Since I do drive my car
rather often in the summer and am not intimidated by rain, I would
just like a little more aestheticly pleasing wipers by "beefing up"
thier speed. Any ideas are appreciated.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960