Carb DeLorean PRV from Apline

In a message dated 11/03/2001 12:07:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wingd2@xxxx writes:

<< Why not switch the CIS intake manifold, and install the PRV carb
manifold
w/
> triple carbs from the Renault Alpine?

Neat idea and a very good looking setup, but last time I checked on this
manifold and carbs the cost was over $6000. I guess this kinda blows my
dollars per HP average clean out of the water, huh ?

Marty >>

Wow!

Based on the information provided to me, you can do it yourself for MUCH
less than $6k...try $2,000 to $2,500 if you don't cut any corners.
The secret is to buy the parts in Canada, UK or Germany. The cars and
parts are very inexpensive there. You just need to establish contact with the
Renault Alpine Owners Association.
I can put you in contact with a German Renault Alpine Club member & parts
supplier. (When I was in Germany, the Alpine members were laughing at the
DeLoreans performance when it has the same PRV as their Alpine's.)
It can be done and the car has more HP than the CIS method. You have some
minor mod's to make with the DeLorean fuel supply, however it is bolt on-bolt
off method and can be restored to original configuration.

Mike