RE: [DML] Strange Stalling problem (Fixed!)

RE: [DML] Strange Stalling problem (Fixed!)

WOW!!!! Thanks John!

As i turns out, I took John's Advice below, and checked the intertia switch.
I started my car, let it run, and everything was fine. I tugged and pulled
on the wires for the inertia switch, and it still ran just fine. I then
tapped/knocked on the housing for the switch's box, and the car stalled! I
tryed to start it again, and no go. If i pulled the switch up and down, and
banged on the box a few times, the car would start again.....i let it run,
knocked on the switch, and BOOM....car died!

I called PJ Grady for some insight. Louie and Pat told me to check to see
if the switch had been replaced (there was a recall on them a while back)
and it had been. BUT...the housing for the switch was electrical taped
together! Someone must have opened it before for some kind of problem in
the past, and now it was acting up!

I replaced the switch last night, and after some quick tests, it seems to
run fine! I am taking the car out today for a drive to make sure all is
well....

THanks to Johny, Louie, and PAT!!!!!!

and....THANK GOD FOR THE DML!!!! Saved me $$$ (i normally would have
depended on a mechanic to find this problem!)

Kevin Abato
NJ Plate: BCKNTYM
VIN# 16680