DeLorean Article on FoxNews.com

DeLorean: Back to The Future

Monday, October 29, 2001
By Roger Friedman

Yesterday I ran into a convention of DeLorean enthusiasts on Shelter Island near the Hamptons.

DeLorean? Yes, the once futuristic car invented by John DeLorean. Went belly-up. You remember. The car doors hinged up, like wings. Michael J. Fox cruised through time in one in the Back to the Future movies.

Yesterday's rally had eight owners with their silver cars shining in the sun. A Long Island dealer, Debby Grady, of West Sayville, said she had 40 more stashed away in her garage.

Last year, and this June, there was and will be a big, big Delorean meeting. And this year, like last, DeLorean himself will address his followers.

"But," said Grady, "we have to fly him in. And he only goes first class."

Nothing's too good for a deposed leader. I don't know why, but the whole thing reminded me of Galaxy Quest.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37514,00.html#3