A Real Reward

I bought my DeLorean a short while ago. My girlfriend and I have
taken it
out here and there on the weekends, enjoying the ride and the looks,
smiles,
and questions you always seem to get with this unique car. As most
owners
can understand, the "ego boost" is sort of a rush. And there's a
pride that
comes with slowly learning how the car operates and slowly learning
how to
repair and maintain it yourself. (something of a challenge, I've
learned!)

Well we were just rewarded with the nicest incident this past weekend.
While filling with gas at a local 7-Eleven, I was approached by a
little boy
probably about nine years old.
He was excited about the car - he thought the car was just made for
the
movies, he didn't know it was a real car. I explained to him that it
was,
but they only made them for a short time. You could see his wide eyes
as he
looked at the interior. I asked if he wanted to sit inside. By that
time his
dad walked over and struck up a friendly conversation.

My girlfriend has been carrying around a disposable camera, in case we
wanted to take a cool "car photo" in some neat spot. Before I knew
it she
was taking pictures of this kid behind the wheel of the car, standing
next
to it..etc. He was totally consumed.

Just as we were getting ready to leave, she gave this kid the camera
and told
him he could have it. "Make sure you have your dad develop these for
you.",
my girlfriend said before we left.

In those short 10 minutes we realized that the REAL reward of owning
this
car is sharing it with others.

Eric
vin# 5557