Re: [DML] Sudden shifting trouble

In a message dated 10/29/01 9:34:04 AM Central Standard Time,
bpayne@xxxx writes:

> I ordered a new master cylinder and I'll be getting it installed as soon as
> I can. No one in my town wants to touch it, but I know of a mechanic in a
> neighboring town that has some experience on another owners car. I just
> hope this cures my problem. I don't want to break anything, so I've been
> overly gentle during shifts. It hasn't ground, so hopefully my transmission
> is in good health.

Brandon,

the clutch master cylinder is a pretty easy job that you can do yourself if
you don't really want to spend the money to have someone else do it!

simple - remove both access panels inside the passenger compartment on the
driver's side. remove left front wheel. unscrew metal pipe from the clutch
master on the top passenger side of it. then just get in there with a couple
of wrenches and take the two big nuts off of the bolts that hold it into the
''firewall'. you may need someone else to get a wrench on the bolts on the
inside sideways to keep them from turning as you turn the nut. that's the
hardest part of this job... once the nuts are off, put your new clutch master
in, put the nuts on, put the metal line back on, then bleed the cluch system,
and you are good to go!!!!! should take about 2 hours at the most.

did you get the rebuilt and upgraded master cylinder from Grady with the
stainless steel piston and teflon?

if you have any other questions about replacement, shoot me an email.

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102