Re: [DML] Re: performance shocks question

Re: [DML] Re: performance shocks question

For the record, there is another cross-reference for a Monroe shock that is
acceptable for the front of the DeLorean. I bought a pair of Monroe Matic
Plus shocks 32206 sold by NAPA under Part # 94037. These are 31.6cm fully
extended compared to the OEM of 32.6cm. (This is measuring from the center
of the lower pivot bolt mount to the top of the lip goes in the shock
tower.) So this shock is short enough that it will not allow the lower
control arm to travel too far. And being a little shorter, they are
supposed to work better with lowered front springs.

However, this shock still needs some spacers for the pivot bolt mount and
uses a 12mm pivot bolt instead of the OEM 13mm.

I bought new lowering springs from PJ Grady and decided to use these Monroe
shocks on the front. Then Rob mentioned that he had just come out with the
custom nitrogen charged shocks, so I used those instead (not cheap, but is
the best out there). Now I have these new-in-the-box Monroe shocks that I
have been sitting on too long to return to NAPA. Does anyone want to make
me an offer on them? Otherwise they go on eBay.

Walt Tampa, FL